Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nice long weekend

Every other weekend is usually amazing since it's Will's weekend off. We didn't have a lot going on so I didn't take many pictures but we had a blast and got to spend some much needed time together.

The weather was cold and rainy. When that happens I tend to spend my days inside with a cup of hot tea constantly in my hand. (Or close by if I'm wrangling my children.) The spring-like warmth from 2 weeks ago brought out my flowers and they were so bright and happy! This weekend, not so much.
  

The one time we did get out it was to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday at my sister-in-law's house. Paislee loves parties. I don't know if it's the gathering of all of her favorite people or getting ready that she likes most...

Did I mention that it was not only father-in-law celebrating a birthday, but his twin brother also. I did not intentionally leave Will's uncle out of this picture. The birthday singing caught me by surprise and in my haste I cut his head off. This is Bob  and his granddaughters blowing out the candles on the ice cream cake.

Harleigh was fascinated with Will's sheriff badge and wanted it badly all evening long. She would get so excited when she got a hold of it. Of course she had to work hard since it was being rolled from person to person. Then it would get hidden places like Daddy's hat..
And her own back pocket..


The remainder of the weekend was spent lounging around the house, being silly.

This picture warms my heart and saddens me at the same time. She is such a sweet, precious baby. I love her so much and I know as soon as I blink she's going to be going to school. I wish I could pause time for just a little longer. But that's what pictures do in a sense I guess.



Oh I almost forgot.. I have been impatiently waiting for Harleigh's first tooth and one has FINALLY cut through! She will be 9 months old next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment