Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting Started

Yikes. I've finally jumped. A Blog! I've been tossing around the idea of starting a blog for a few weeks and I'm scared to death, have no clue what I'm doing and I'm very excited!

I should probably tell you what got this blog idea rolling around my head in the first place: I gave up my facebook addiction for lent. Wait! Before you start shaking your finger about the meaning of sacrificing for lent, you should know the whole story.

I am fortunate enough to get to stay at home with my wonderful daughters, Paislee and Harleigh. (I feel like you'll hear PLENTY about how amazing/gorgeous/talented/hilarious/heart-wrenchingly sweet they are in future posts so I'll get right to the point.) Since I am home a majority of the time I developed a TERRIBLE habit of sitting down to piddle on facebook at LEAST once an hour. When I got my smart phone I was checking it in the parking lot of the grocery store, in the waiting room at the doctor's office, even while DRIVING!

Now, when my facebook habit starts threatening the safety of my children, it's time to stop! Worst of all, it was distracting me from my family. I'd been wasting so much time worrying about what other people were up to and what they had to say that I was completely ignoring the fact that my children needed their mama's attention. I've decided that blogging is a safe alternative. I am hoping that I can set aside some specific blog time when I put the angels to sleep. We'll see.

Back to the subject of sacrifice: To me, lent is a time to give something up that is getting in the way of your relationship with God. For me, it's facebook. I decided that I need to spend more time worrying about my family and myself and less about what's going on with other people. My goal is to spend my time taking pictures of the blessings around me and noting the little things that I would have taken for granted pre-facebook sacrifice.

So here goes nothing. I apologize for the length of this first post and also for the lack of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment